| by admin | No comments

How to sue your ex-wife for divorce

“How do I sue my ex-girlfriend?”

That’s the question you may be asking yourself right now.

But you’d be wrong.

You’d be doing a huge disservice to your relationship and, if you’re like me, you may have no idea how to do it.

But if you read my previous post on how to file a civil lawsuit, you’ll see that it’s easy to file.

So I’m going to share the basic steps you should follow, including the most common legal questions you may want to ask your ex about your divorce.


Find out what the law says.

Find an attorney that specializes in your area.

Find the law firm that specializes.

There are plenty of companies that specialize in divorce law.

They may also have a local attorney.

It may be difficult to find a local lawyer who specializes in divorce, so ask around.


Ask your ex for proof.

Ask for the divorce decree, signed by your ex.

Ask the judge for a copy.

If you have a lawyer who works in this area, make sure he or she will be able to review the document.


Determine your rights.

Determent is the process of filing a lawsuit.

You want to be sure that your rights are being protected.


Get a copy of the decree.

The court will often send a copy to your ex, along with a signed affidavit, as well as copies of any documents you want to show.


File a civil complaint.

File an official complaint against your ex and ask for a court order to terminate your marriage.

If your ex refuses to comply, file a petition for divorce and ask the judge to issue an order of protection.

If the court grants your request, you can file a counter-petition for the same purpose.


Find a lawyer to represent you in court.

Many attorneys will represent you, even if your ex won’t.

If he or her won’t, find a lawyer you trust.

If there are no lawyers available, you could try asking friends, family members, or other relatives to represent your case.

The sooner you get the help you need, the better.


Ask about mediation.

You may not have to wait for a lawyer or mediation, but you might want to try it.

You can ask your lawyer to negotiate with your ex to settle the issue.

If they agree to mediation, you and your ex can negotiate a settlement amount.

If not, you have the option of going to court.

If that doesn’t work out, you should talk to an attorney about mediation, and try it again.


Prepare for your lawyer’s appointment.

When you call your lawyer, ask them to schedule an appointment.

This is an important step because it can save you a lot of time and hassle if you get a bad attorney.

Before you go, ask if they will help you with any paperwork.

Your lawyer will likely provide a list of things you need to get completed.

If so, send the list to your attorney and give them a call.

You’ll also want to make sure you’re prepared to give them your phone number and a copy the papers you want them to complete.

If everything goes well, your attorney will give you the papers and you’ll have an appointment for the next scheduled appointment.


Take the witness stand.

You should be prepared to tell your story, especially if you’ve been separated from your ex or are suing them.

Your ex might have an objection to your story or might not want to testify.

If this happens, you might not be able, at least initially, to prove that you’ve suffered from mental illness or emotional distress.

If it’s an issue that affects your marriage, ask your attorney to take the stand.


Have your lawyer take the witness.

If both you and the ex agree to the mediation, the mediator will meet with both of you.

Your attorney may present his or her side, but he or they must agree to it.

If a judge grants your motion for mediation, both of the parties will be asked to attend the mediation session.

Both parties must be present.

The mediator is allowed to ask questions of the witness, but cannot ask anything he or She doesn’t already know.

The witness can also call the mediators attorney if he or he doesn’t agree to take part in the mediation.


Decide whether you want a divorce.

Once you have agreed to mediation with your lawyer and both sides have signed documents, the court may decide whether or not you want divorce.

If divorce is your goal, you will have to file for divorce.

You will be given a list and instructions on what to do.

If mediation doesn’t resolve your issue, you or your ex may go to court for divorce, which can be more expensive than the mediation process.

If divorcing is your aim, you need the help of an experienced divorce lawyer